Today Virago publishes An Honourable Man, the brand new novel from critically acclaimed novelist, playwright, memoirist and President of English Pen, Gillian Slovo.
Fresh from writing the astonishing Tricycle Theatre play, The Riots, which received rapturous reviews across the board and is currently showing at the Bernie Grant Arts Centre in Tottenham, An Honourable Man sees Slovo moving back in time to the streets of Victorian London and the war torn deserts of 1884 Sudan, where her new novel is set.
Touching upon themes of war and empire, honour and responsibility, jihad, foreign policy and what happens to those war leaves behind, An Honourable Man is a powerful novel which is as relevant now as ever. To celebrate its release we have eight limited edition proof copies of the book to giveaway. To be in with a chance of winning one, simply fill in your details in the form below.
And, if you didn't get to see The Riots at The Tricycle Theatre in December, don’t miss your chance to see it now. The play will be performed at Tottenham's Bernie Grant Arts Centre from the 4th until the 14th of January 2012. Tickets are available to buy now.
Here's a selection of keyword-matched articles that you might also find interesting:
- Gillian Slovo's play 'The Riots' moves to Tottenham
- Gillian Slovo's play 'The Riots' opens at the Tricycle to rave reviews
- 4 June-17 July: Women, Politics and Power Season at the Tricycle Theatre
- World Book Night Eve in Trafalgar Square. Were you there?
- Come to the first Virago live event – only a few places left!