To whet your appetite for the primetime BBC TV adaptation of Winnifred Holtby's South Riding (which starts this Sunday at 9pm), you can watch a trailer for the series below:
The series was also previewed on BBC Breakfast this week with a behind-the-scenes look at filming, which you can watch here (starts 22 mins in).
We'll be discussing South Riding in the Virago Book Club in a couple of weeks time, so to stay ahead of the TV series, make sure you start reading now!
Here's a selection of keyword-matched articles that you might also find interesting:
- South Riding – coming to a (TV) screen near you soon
- Behind the Scenes of SOUTH RIDING, soon to be shown on BBC 1
- The Night Watch: film announced for BBC Two, summer 2011
- Today Marks the 75th Anniversary of Winifred Holtby's Death
- Linda Grant introduces We Had It So Good – the January Virago Book Club selection